20 August 2011

Week 29 - Theme

 Goodness, what a fabulous response to our INKY challenge!
There were so many truly stunning entries and the range of techniques was so extensive and varied.
Wonderful, wonderful work, thank you all SO much!
Choosing our showcase this time will certainly be a tricky task!

 Now onto this week's challenge which is a 'Theme' and we would like to see
Things that Move
This could be interpreted in a variety of ways...an actual moving component on your card, so a pop up, a shaker, a spinner, a charm, a tag... we could go on... 
On the other hand your card could have an image of something capable of movement, so the scope for that is almost infinitesimal!
Whatever you do, we're sure that all you LIMettes will be totally creative!

This card, using the SU Joie stamp set has several butterflies on it... all capable of movement, and the cut-out one is only attached through the body section and so the wings can be raised.
It was made with a mixture of emboss resist and overstamping plus a little inking too.
This one, for a newborn, has Pink Petticoat paper and an SU image embossed in silver and coloured with Copics. The ribbon holds a small silver coloured charm, which can waggle from side to side (the moving element) and the name has been added using Cuttlebug's Baby Face Alphabet.
A quick tip when adding small bits and pieces like these letters, is to add Double Sided Tape to the back of the card before running it through the'bug, so all you have to do is peel and stick once they are cut.
The baby carriages in the image (IRL) are also capable of movement.
I had intended making a spinner card this week, but we have had our grandchildren staying and so craft time was zilch... however you may like to see a few spinner and slider cards I made in true Blue Peter style... earlier!
SPINNER CARDS (Please click)
SLIDER CARDS


Mandi

My card base is Stampin up Crumb Cake, The plant Stamp is Stampabilities   I thought the leaves matched the scrap of Stamping Up Speciality DP 'Sweet & Sour' The butterfly [my something that moves] is Papermania. I guess you could say the plant moves too! I stamped using Versamark Ultrafine, 'Onyx Black' which I thank Vicky for, as she recommend it last week for its proper blackness, I love it!
For Stampin up supplies please contact me here



26 comments:

  1. Lovely varied cards - great theme.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Fab cards from Mandi and Chrissie thanks again for this Fab LIM cHALLENGE
    HUGS SYLVIE
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great theme ladies! I imagine lots of different interpretations this week. Thanks for the lovely inspiration and I'm off to cogitate! Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi girls
    beautiful cards as always, will do one for you later, added me dt card to be cheeky!! lol sue,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for a fun challenge! I´ve added my Spinner card! :)

    Hugs
    Birgit/Biggan

    ReplyDelete
  6. "infinitesimal" what a great word! ~ wonderful examples to inspire us too ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards ladies. beautiful.
    have a nice weekend
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh another fun challenge again, thanks C&M, lots of possibilites for this one so not too hard I think, nice cards already too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My...lots of fun to be had with this challenge. Thanks Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great theme and less mess! Love your cards. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards as usual. Thanks for the inspiration! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great challenge as always ladies, thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great challenge, always excited on a Sat morning to see what you guys have come up with ;o)
    Stacex

    ReplyDelete
  14. super challenge again girls and stunning samples too hugs cherylx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another super fun challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for a lovely challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ladies
    Just to say i have been trying to add comments to some of the entries. Blogger keeps telling me that i am not authorised to see my page and then logs me out so i have to log in again every time. Frustrated that i can't comment and am hoping this is not too much of a problem for others. Think Blogger is playing up again so will try again tomorrow:-)

    I have had to post here using the URL selection and not my Google account. Some sites are like this and others are not. Possibly down to the templates used...

    ReplyDelete
  18. EEK! I am so glad that I found your challenge site. The fabulous Karen Baker told me about it and I am thrilled...... :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you MANDI and CHRISSIE, fantastic return to my house, thank you very much, much, for your fantastics comments from my LIM friends

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab makes Mandi and Chrissie!

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great theme ladies, thanks for the inspiration, I've enjoyed having a go
    http://janetscraftycreations.blogspot.com/2011/08/things-that-move.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brilliant examples!Couldn't wait to get back into it after missing last week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Chrissie and Mandi,

    you're the LIM-queens, such a great cards. It's such fun to join your challenge each week.

    Have a great weekend,

    Lins x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Poo! I made one more card inspired by this challenge but missed the deadline. That's ok! I had a blast making it and am so glad I found your challenge site! If you want to take a gander, here is a link to the card I just made...

    http://laurelbeard.wordpress.com/2011/08/26/ghosts-that-go-boo/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooops, took one out - very sorry! - as made it for LIM :-) Maria x

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.