27 August 2011

Week 30 - Recipe

We loved looking at your entries again last week. You were so inventive and came up with some fabulous ideas!
So this week we are back to Sketch or Recipe
We have chosen a Recipe this time
Take 3 Challenges
We want you to choose 3 from any of our previous 29 and combine them in your design.
There is a list of our previous challenges under the tab heading at the top of our blog and you can also see the previous sketches under a separate tab.
Please state which 3 you have chosen.
NB There is no need to adhere to the One Layer if that is on the week you choose.
You may wish to go for your favourites or maybe your least...acetate springs to mind!
Most of all, be creative, have fun, remember our white space and the all important
"Less is More"

Mandi
Chrissie and I adore white on white, so we were bound to both choose it as one of our three!
[Hers is a total knockout, I'm in awe!]
For my first the card base is 6" square, the Decorative Accent swirl is Sizzix, then X Cut punches for the flowers. Sentiment done on computer, Nuptial font
Week 6 Off the Edge
 Week 13 Congratulations or Thank you
Week 14 White on White
[also Week 15 Embossing]

 For my second card, I took  inspiration from a vase of articifical flowers Mum has.
My card is combining challenges
Week 4 3 Squares
Week 15 Embossing
Week 9 Touch of Red
I cut 3 squares 3.5,3 and 2.5cm and embossed them with Swiss dots folder. Once I knew where they were to go I stamped the branch from a retuiresd Stampin Up set 'For All you Do' The flower heads are from the same set, stamped in SU Real Red and cut out. I have used glossy accents on the larger flower head. The other leaves are from one of my favourite dies from Crealies. The sentiment is Penny Black to finish off. I placed it to fit the 'vase' step.







                                                        Chrissie
For my 3 challenges I chose ...
Week 14 - White on White,
Week 15 - Embossing and
Week 16 - Butterflies.
After I had done it I realised that it also fitted with
Week 13 - Congratulations,
Week 23 - Something with Legs and
Week 29 - Things that Move.
It has three kinds of embossing... regular dry embossing, heat embossing with Silver Pearl EP and Letterpress embossing which is achieved by cutting a shape with a Nestie (a rectangle in this case), which was then placed  (still in the die) on top of an Impressability template and embossed using my tan mat.
Not much stamping but lots of die-cutting and layering, yet retaining lots of white space.
Marianne Creatables  spray, SU tiny butterflies, Cuttlebug large butterfly. Nesties.
This card combines the challenges from
 Week 4 Three Squares,
Week 18 - Monochrome &
Week 25 Button or Ribbon.
Incidentally it also fits with
Week 15 Embossing
Week 16 - Butterflies
Week 23 - Things with Legs
Week 28 - Use Ink &
Week 29 Things that move
Quite a bumper bundle, with lots of emboss resist stamping and ink sponging, using my fab Katzelkraft stamps which were part of my birthday present from lovely buddy Mandi, I just love them!

So now it's your turn, we'd love to see how you combine our challenges... and do have fun!

22 comments:

  1. Wow what a cool challenge, just love your inspiration to ladies :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning both, fantastic challenge and gorgeous examples, off to have a browse and play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cards are beautiful. I really love the 'white on white' ones - they look so classy.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my what a challenge, fantastic cards, I love white on white so may go down that route, this one is going to take some thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brillant challenge, Thanks once again Limette Ladies for getting my brain cell going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoW...DiVas, THis Cerainly requires us To puT our THinking Caps on. IT sould be fun. Your Creaions are jusT gorgeous and full of inspiraion. I'll be joining in soon.
    ForgiVe my odd upper Case leTTers, I seem To HaVe seVeral sTiky LapTop keys. UGH, noT good for my CommenTing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ladies, Another cool challenge and simply stunning samples from both of you, love all of them. Need to give this one some thought, like all the others then !! :0) Gay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an insiration. Beautiful. Love the wedding card, but also the butterflies. And don't forget the last one. Gorgeous ladies.
    have a nice weekend and greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I was thinking of making a white on white card again......great minds etc etc.lol. Super cards already by everyone... now off for a think:O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great challenge ladies . . . I had fun browsing and then deciding what to do!

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! I thought I'd done really well getting a card made for this challenge on the same day it was published - but 26 people were even quicker! Amazing!

    This is a brilliant challenge for me as I'm a newbie to LIM so it's given me the opportunity to have a go at some of the challenges I've missed! :)

    Off to peruse all those blogs now :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just adorable cards:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous cards as always!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was fun! I'm off to check out the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tried to leave a comment for Meadie (entry 58) saying how lovely I htought her pink and black tree card was but ....... after three attempts I gave up - sorry Meadie

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous challenge! Great fun deciding which ones to choose.
    Buffy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous cards, ladies, and what a GREAT challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What fun!!! LOVE a good challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wasn't expecting this combining the challenges thing at all! Your sample cards blow me away every week! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great challenge ladies, I loved playing along! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulation for all!!
    Here is my card "Take 3 challenges"
    Blessing for all, and thanks for the opportunity.
    Flor DToscana.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous challenge!And great inspiration as usual!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.