07 July 2012

"Week 75" Colour

It's amazing that we've managed to come up with different shades for each of our colour challenges without resorting to bizarre combinations and here is yet another simple choice... it's
'Gold'
It can be shiny or matt, but we'd like it to be unmistakably gold!

WOW Embossing Powder
In July we are fortunate to have WOW Embossing Powders as our sponsor once more. The prize is a fabulous caddy of 12 powders. This time WOW have also offered a special offer of purchasing the caddy at half price when buying 12 powders.
Any of their range of gold powders would be perfect for this challenge!!!


Mandi


This stamp is one I love! Embossed with WOW  Sparkle. Said it before but WOW powders are SO fine, they are brilliant and SO sparkly! I printed the sentiment from the computer as I wanted birthday wishes, as this is a wish 'blowy flower' - dandelion

My second card, is slighly more embellished, but, still plenty of blank white space.
The embossing panel is from a Cuttlebug 5" x 7" folder Deb Divine
I printed the sentiment on the somputer Murray Hill font in gold I like to use RGB colours of 175/140/69 for my gold printing. Chrissie and I didn't know we'd each chosen to give our preferred 'gold' print colour.
Do try them out, see which works for you.,
 I cut the sentiment using a labels die from Stampin Up, then arranged a bunch of punched and shaped flowers and leaves.
Pearls and liquid pearls to finish.

Chrissie
I think that my most indispensable crafting tool is my Cuttlebug. I would be lost without it. Here is evidence of its use...an impression from a Sizzix border embossing folder, I think it's terrific. The edging was done with a Martha Stewart border punch. As I didn't have a gold charm to add to the ribbon, I embossed a silver one with some WOW gold embossing powder, with a little flower shaped brad added in the centre. The sentiment is from SU punched with a Stampin' Up punch.


More Cuttlebugging... letters from Dienamics and a heart from Nellie Snellen, with a base layer of gold card embossed with a Cuttlebug  heart folder. Simples!

23 comments:

  1. No linky showing girls xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mistake Jan, sorry
      Thank you
      mandi x

      Delete
  2. Brilliant done it Mandi Thanks you and thanks for another fab challenge xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards for this weeks challenge Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great challenge, thank you so much, Ladies we really do appreciate all of your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I had one ready this week, how lucky is that lol. Great challenge again thanks C& M :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous challenge ladies and fab inspiration....thank you

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great challenge, and your cards are gorgeous girls. How can we follow that huh, huh?! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards - very classy! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning inspiration as always. Will be back in the morning for a round of commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Ladies, So beautiful are your cards and lots of inspiration yet again and another amazing challenge:)x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards again Ladies, loving the gold challenge this week, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards. Very inspirational!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply inspirational. Sheila.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. These entries are out of this world. Gorgeous designs by the DT and the entrants...good luck...love annie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for a great challenge, and the lovely DT inspiration, as well as the tip re the settings to use for "gold" printing Donna ☺

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another fab challenge and great work by the DT - thanks again ladies

    ReplyDelete
  17. I lost sleep but made a little offering in the end :) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just wanted to say, I'm glad I don't have to choose a winner this week. I think everyone so took up this challenge and just ran with it big time. Such stunning, beautiful cards. Well done. Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sensational challenge so many fabulous cards. I wish I had the time to comment on all of them.
    http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cards using gold emb powder/pearls. :)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.