27 February 2016

Welcome to our new DT members!

Today we are welcoming three new members to our Design Team!
...but first
we would like to thank everyone who expressed an interest in joining us;
the decision was very difficult as there were so many fabulous crafters to choose from. 

They were all so good that we would like to invite everyone who applied to join us for
a Guest Designer spot! So if that was you, please contact us and we'll
sort out a challenge for you to join us as a Guest Designer.


So now let's introduce our new teamies!

Sarah Gray
Hi – my name is Sarah and I am a CAS cardmaker from Leeds in the UK.  I have been cardmaking and crafting for years and spend many happy hours playing with stamps, inks and dies and many more browsing all the fab blogs online.  I love entering challenges and am delighted to be joining the DT at Less Is More!  In addition to my crafting habit I have two gorgeous, football mad boys who are growing up fast and I work as well.  With all of that going on, housework is the main casualty 

I am a UK expat living in sunny Portugal. I have been married for 32 years and been blessed with 2 children and 2 grandchildren. I love all things inky, stamping, dies and colouring. Although I am starting a new blog, my previous design teams include Colour Create Challenge, Pixie Cottage, Whimsy stamps, Creative Card Crew, One Stop Crafts, and Frosted designs.

I live in Northern California, south of San Francisco. Nearly every day you can find me on the tennis court, cycling or playing soccer! When I'm not outside playing, I'm in the studio either sewing dresses and blankets for children in the community or trying to be an artist :) I'm married to a wonderful man who supports ALL of my many changing activities! We have one son who just graduated from college.


We know that you will give them a warm welcome!


The challenge this week is a 
Recipe 
and for that concoction we would like you to include
SOME WIRE
We realise that this is quite a tricky one, so if there's no way you can produce a card with
actual wire on it, an image or die-cut depicting wire will also qualify!


Sarah G
will be adding her first DT card next week


Sarah P
Here I've coiled some wire around a paint brush then stretched it to sit behind 
my die-cut sentiment from Hero Arts: Stamp & Cut birthday. The butterfly is from 
Clearly Besotted: Elegant Butterfly Duo and die cut from a scrap of distressed / 
watercolour spritzing! To finish a few gems from my stash.


Sharon
I twisted some silver wire and made it into a scribble Xmas tree shape, threaded on some beads and hot glued it to some card. The mats were hand pricked. Sentiment is from Spellbinders decorative curved star set.


Susan 
will be adding her first DT card next week


I blended Peacock Feathers Distress Ink through a Checkerboard stencil by MFT onto the card base.  The present is an MFT pierced die cut square cut from 
'sherbert pips' cardstock by Kanban.  I looped some wire around to create a bow and secured with some 3D foam which I used to pop up the present.  
The sentiment is by Paper Smooches.


The wire on this card was just snipped from the roll and gently pulled open a little, then secured on the Design Objectives embossed panel with a glue dot. The floral die cut is from Simon Says Stamp, with an additional leaf spray (that I am still trying to identify) and a sentiment from Clearly Besotted,

As there are soon to be more of us each week, from next time we will not be adding details of how our individual cards have been made, these details will be available on our personal blogs!
***


22 comments:

  1. Congratulations and welcome to all the new designers. I'm looking forward to seeing your creations.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the new DT Members looking forward to your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the new DT member. I look forward to seeing your designs on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the new DT members! This challenge blog will be even more awesome!
    HUgs

    ReplyDelete
  5. A big congratulations to the new DT, looking forward to see their awesome inspirations every week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great BIG WELCOME to the new peeps on the Design Team

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to all the new DT members!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards, and a BIG hello to the new DT girls! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to the new design team members, looking forward to seeing your designs over the coming weeks and months. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to the new members of the team and look forward to seeing what they come up with each week. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to all of the new DT members, looking forward to your inspirational projects each week.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to Sarah, Sharon and Susan! Well done ladies x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to the new Designer Team members, I can't wait to be inspired by your beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. welcome, looking forward to your weekly masterpieces.EE

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats to the new DT members!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i just sat down for my card and I realised I have no diecutting machine till wednesday as someone borrowed it...lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on all three of the new DT-members! Great to see two familliar faces (one ex-teammie)!
    Enjoyed your inspiring cards, but a not that easy challenge...okay that's way it is called a challenge... :)
    All have a good and colourfull week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Phew, a tough challenge this week - what a baptism of fire for the lovely new DT members!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations to the new DT members. Looking forward to seeing all your creations. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome to the new DT members! Ya'll always make such gorgeous projects. THanks for a another fun challenge! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  21. Made it in on the skin of my teeth....
    Fantastic work from all the DT ...so much inspiration on a tricky theme.....I struggled :-) !!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.